Sunday 18 August 2013

Boots - 'Skin Clear Daily Wash' Review.

Hello everyone!

I've gone and taken the plunge. Diving into the world of blogging! I am by no means an expert in anything beauty or fashion related. This is just me sharing my opinion on things, and just general rambling, and mainly something to do for fun. 
 I always get excited to try new things in the world of beauty, so why not share my excitement with other people?! 


For my first ever blog post, I will be reviewing the Boots own brand 'Skin Clear Daily Wash'.

I walked into my local Boots store a few months ago, looking for a new face wash/scrub. I'm constantly buying new ones, in the hope I'll actually get some results from them. I can safely say I've tried my fair share of face washes. 
 After suffering with my skin for around 3-4 years, I was desperate to find a wash that left my skin feeling smooth and soft, yet didn't cause me to break out even more! 

So, I picked up this face wash for only £1.99.



It claims to 'Unclog pores', 'Reduce excess oil' and be 'gentle enough for everyday use.' Sounds pretty standard, right?
 The first thing I noticed, (this might sound stupid) was that it didn't seem to have 'Glamorous' packaging a lot of others have. No gimmicks, it seems, just a standard face wash that should do what it says on the tin... or bottle/tube/squidgey thing.


So I tried it out, using it morning and evening for 2 weeks. 

One word. Wow!

In all honesty, my skin had never felt so good. I no longer have problematic skin (No problems for around 2 years now, fingers crossed). I just tend to get pale red blemishes on my cheeks since, and using the wash they seem to be a lot calmer in the morning. Without moisturising afterwards, it can leave your skin feeling a little tight, so I would recommend to use a good quality moisturiser after using this product. 
My skin feels very smooth after using this, and my foundation goes on a lot more smoothly in the mornings when I've used this.

I recommend using the face wash in the morning, applying your moisturiser, then waiting for 5-10 minutes before applying your make up. I found this made my foundation sit better on my face if I let my skin re-hydrate for a few minutes first.

For this reason I wouldn't recommend this wash for an extremely dry skin type. 

For all other skin types, I'm saying go for it! I was so so so so surprised! For £1.99 it was amazing value for money! I'm still using this face wash every day and evening and I don't think I'll go back to anything else. (Unless it is literally mind blowing!)


Overall I think its brilliant! Go and try it, and if you do, let me know what you think of it? 



Positives - 
                 - Calms redness
                 - Smooth skin texture
                 - Hasn't caused any break outs.

Negatives-
                 - Can leave skin feeling a little tight. 





Hope you found this in some way useful! 
 Thanks for reading!   :)   <3 

1 comment: